Here’s the last recipe of Chef Erika for our healthier snack alternatives that you can add to your bento boxes. Enjoy!
3 cups Rolled Oats
8 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
¼ teaspoon Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
3/4 cup Honey
¼ cup Canola Oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
½ cup Peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped
½ cup Raisins, roughed chopped
1 piece Eggwhite
- Pre-heat oven to 300F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- In another saucepot, combine the honey, canola oil and vanilla and place over medium heat and warm it up.
- Remove from the heat and pour the warm mixture over the oats. Toss quickly to coat the coats.
- Add the peanuts, coconuts and raisins until well distributed.
- Finally add the eggwhite and toss evenly.
- Shape the mixture into balls and place onto a greased baking tray about 1”apart.
- Once all the mixture has been shaped, bake in the pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and clusters have set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing from the tray.